Monday, August 3, 2009

How I Turned a good deal into CASH...

So last week I ran into CVS and saw that they had some good stuff on the clearance endcap. Some of what I saw:
  • a one-touch "As Seen On TV" can opener, retails for $19.99, clearanced to $2.50
  • Pam cooking spray, $.85
  • Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, $.50
  • Frank's Red Hot Sauce, $.75
  • PediPaws pet nail file replacement heads, $1.25 each
Being the frugalite I am, I knew I had coupons for the Pam and Frank's at home, so I thought even though a great deal w/o coupon, I'd come back for those with Q in hand. I knew the can opener was an awesome deal but we already have one. And I wanted to look up the PediPaws online. Sure enough, the PediPaws are selling on Ebay for a great price. I returned two days later to find that my can opener, Pam, and Frank's were gone. That's the price I pay for waiting (all to save like $.35!! doh!!). But I got all 5 boxes of the PediPaws, totalling $6 and paid with my ECBs, so nothing OOP. I put them on ebay and today got $30 in my PayPal account for selling them online!! Of course it cost me $5.75 to ship them, but that's a PROFIT of $24.25, CASH!! How awesome is that??
Why tell you this?? Think outside of the box when you shop. When you find an awesome deal, think about resale...I just put a bit of cash in my pocket for very little work...
I'll keep that money in my acct to pay for coupons off ebay. So, I turned my ECBs into cash which will then pay for more coupons, which will score me MORE free stuff. AND, I got a little thrill out of the deal as well... Now that's couponing success!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Which CVS were you at? I never find good deals in CVS clearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 119TH & Roe location. I know, this is the first time I've found a deal like this, but I ALWAYS check the clearance sections because I often am able to get something for free after coupons (sometimes with a CRT that just printed at the scanner, too)

    ReplyDelete