Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More Target Savings for me!!

So I had to leave work early today due to a sick child. I'll bore you for a bit with my doc office/pharmacy frustrations. Bare with me:

So the only appointment I could get with the pediatrician was 5pm. Yuck! So I picked up my 2 year old and headed to the office. I waited for 30 minutes before being seen, then it took forever with the doc. Didn't leave till 6pm!! Oh, about 3 minutes before we walked out the door, they gave him a loading dose of oral steroids (croupy cough). We're walking to the car and he thows up all over me! Lovely!! So much for that steroid dose. Target was right across the street, so I ran in there to get his script filled (which, by the way, was killing me because I had a "$10 GC with new prescription" coupon that I wanted to use at CVS, but at this point, there was no way I was making a special trip over there just for that. Then, what does my mom tell me later when I'm relaying this story? There was a $10 Target pharmacy coupon in this week's ad--totally missed it because I didn't bother buying a paper since there were no coupons! UGH!)

So I dropped off my scripts and they said it would be 15 minutes. Did some shopping, went back; still not ready. Waited in line to check out, went back, still not ready. Waited 10 more minutes STILL not ready. I was fuming!! All in all I waited for 45 minutes for scripts with a hungry 2 year old and a near-death baby who just wanted his meds so he could go home and go to sleep! I should SO call and complain. Okay, thanks for listening to my rant. On a more positive note, I did get a few more deals in while there, as you can see from the pic above. I used my $5 gift card from the Fiber One deal I did a couple days ago. Total OOP: $2.41 for all!! PLUS, I got another $5 Target GC!!

(On a side note for all of you moms out there--my 2 y/o son LOVES the carmel delight cereal. Free, healthy, AND kid-approved?? Can it get any better?!)

So, I was leaving Target at 7pm and was starved so I bought myself a pizza; $4.27, people!! I had to laugh at the irony of my cart full of the above items for $2 and my measly little pizza for over $4! How wrong is that??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment