Friday, March 20, 2009

It Pays to Make Yourself Heard

Last week I had a bad experience at Walgreens, involving the Huggies RR deal. I purchased 3 packs of diapers at $10 each. The promo was by $25 worth of select products, get a $10 RR. This kind of promo always refers to your total BEFORE manufacturer coupons. My total dropped to $23 after Qs and I was told my the mgr that this is why the RRs did not print (in other words, she didn't know how the promo is supposed to work, or she did and just didn't care to rering my purchase at another register to get them to print). I was all fired up because the cashier was rude to begin with, and then I left with a purchase that wasn't as good of a deal as I had expected. I called corporate and left a message since it was the weekend. I called the catalina company yesterday (they can track your purchase by the info on the receipt and tell if your RR should have printed!!) Yes, they told me, my purchase DID qualify. They are sending a $10RR in the mail...but it takes up to 10 weeks to receive! EEK! Today the mgr from the store I had visited called me about the matter. I ran through the scenario with him. He was very appologetic and offered to give me a $10 store credit (on top of the $10RR I have coming to me) to make me happy and keep my business. I had planned to return those diaper since I didn't get the RR associated with them. But now, with my two $10 credits coming, I made it an even better deal than I had intended in the first place. It always pays to make yourself heard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment