Thursday, March 19, 2009

Target Deals March 15-21


I made a run with the kids today to Target. I must admit that until about a month or so ago, I really had a bad attitude about Target when it came to money. I felt their prices were high and their sales were lame. I despise their customer service when it comes to returns, and on more than one occasion over the past years, I have made a vow to never return (obviously, I never did commit to that promise). But I've recently learned that Target has a wealth of bargains, most of which begin with the online Target store coupons that you can print for various products right at home!! For years I've been paying full price for products when there were coupons right online...and I never knew it!! By combining a store coupon with a manufacturer coupon for the same item, you can rack up big savings!! Last week I scored xx bottles (I'm not revealing the number, because then you'd know just how crazy I am, but let's just say it was in the double digits!) of Renuzit carpet and room spray for FREE, and several fresh steaks and roasts from the meat dept. for about a buck per pack. This week, there are plenty of deals to be had. Today I got: **See abbreviations cheat-sheet to the left**

2 Soft Scrub cleaners - on sale for $2.50 this week, -$1 TQ -$.50 MQ = $1 each
1 Shout stain remover - $2.04 - $1 TQ = $1.04
4 bags Cheetos - $1.29 - $1 TQ = $.29 each
4 boxes Pop Secret microwave popcorn - $2.29 - $1 TQ - $.50/2 MQ = $1.04 each
3 bags PopChips (these were my splurge items, proving that coupon marketing does, indeed, work. Matt and I became hooked on these when I was getting them for .89 per bag last week with a BOGO and -$1 coupon. The BOGO has since expired, but I can't resist buying these even for $1.69 per bag!) $2.69 - $1 IP= $1.69 each
6 Archer Farms mini artisan bread loaves (in the bakery) $.99 each - $1 TQ = FREE!!!
1 pk Beef round on special for $3.20 - $2 TQ = $1.20
1 pk beef for stew, priced $1.97 - $2 TQ = FREE!!!
4 Motts applesauce, (6pk cups) $1.64 - $1 TQ - $.55 IP = $.09 each!!!!
2 bananas (no coupons!!) $.53
1 Gillette bodywash $2 - $2 MQ = FREE!!!
5 Quaker Mini Delights (6ct 90-cal packs) $2ea - 4x $1 MQ (I only had four) = $6 OOP for 5 boxes, PLUS buying five qualifying Quaker products earns you a $5 GC at checkout!
----------
Total before coupons: $69.86
After coupons: $23.76, PLUS I got a $5 gift card to spend next time,
Total savings of $51.10, or 73%!!

*incidentally, GE CFL single light bulbs are on sale this week for $1. They were out, but I got a raincheck; I have enough $1 coupons to get 7 of them FREE!*

I love saving money on products I regularly use!! Run to Target and score these deals for yourself!!!

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to say that my big sis' thriftiness blows my mind. I'm going to have to start clipping coupons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, little sis... I'll keep your updated on all the deals that might be of interest to you.... Hey, college kids need all the help they can get!!!

    ReplyDelete