Sunday, April 26, 2009

Coupon Ethics

I love the site Hip2Save! And here, she has a post on using coupons correctly, along with links to other posts by SouthernSaver (another awesome deal blog) on coupon ethics. Not only the ethics of using coupons and doing so correctly, but also empowering information we could ALL use to make us feel more confident when handing over our coupons at the check-out.
I don't know about you, but I often feel timid about my deals because of the critical looks we sometimes get from cashiers when we get a too-good-to-be-true deal. There is nothing wrong with getting a super deal! The stores and manufacturers set these deals to get people into the stores to buy their products. It's just that most people don't look at it the way we do. They think: oh, toilet paper is on special this week. That must be a good deal. So they go to Target where the big pack is $20 (which, incidentally probably is no deal at all if they would do the math), then they buy all their other needs in that same shopping trip. They just fell into that marketing trap... But not us!! We don't let our immediate needs dictate our shopping trips...we buy when the price is right and save it for when we need it....it's just a different way of thinking. And it PAYS OFF!!
I am seriously behind on logging my purchases over the last few weeks. But, I plan to get caught up this week and I'll post my savings when I do. Keeping a log is a bit time-consuming, but it's something I suggest, especially for newbies because it really lets you see how your time committment to this 'hobby' pays you back!!! I'll post my totals and my system when I get it done... until then, enjoy your deal-hunting this week and relish those savings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment